Saturday, November 29, 2008

Quilting

Yesterday I braved the crowds and went to JoAnn's at 6am. I was in line at 5:30. Every year they have great deals on fabric. I wasn't as crazy as some ladies who had three carts filled with fabric. I did go and scoop out the store last week. Hubby and I have been talking about getting a new blanket for the Dudes bed. I said that I can make one for him for a Christmas gift. I did use a Character fabric so I did pay a little more. But for those that know the Dude, know that the movie Cars means the world to him. I am guessing that I paid around 15 dollars for the entire project (two kinds of fabric, batting, thread). I had enough left over fabric to make two small pillow cases to.


I checked to see if it fit and of course the Dude saw me do it. He loved the new blanket and pillow cases. So he go a early Christmas gift.






I will be doing a lot of sewing this week. On Friday I am going to a craft swap. I have known about it for over a month. But of course I haven't even started.

1 comment:

J mom said...

That's the same fabric I used for Seth's which I am still trying to find time to finish. yikes - maybe he will get it for his Birthday instead. It's till cold in March right?!