Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snowflakes

For Christmas the Dude and I made a lot of 'cheap' decorations. One of the 'cheap' decorations we made were these snowflakes. Thanks to my boss I learned how to make them. They are pretty easy but a take a little time to make. The smaller you make them the more time you need.
For the flakes in our kitchen I used regular printer paper that was in the recycle pile. I think they had a couple ink spots but those bits were cut off. I just used string to tie them to the light fixture.

Here's another look.
*Notice the paper chains made from old Magazines. The Dude helped me with that but after five links he quit on me.

Here is a larger 5 point star that I made out of a old magazine. I like the different colors that pop when the paper is turned.
Now I am not a paper craft person but this is one that I like. And I can keep up for another three months or until the snow melts.
Here is a link that describes how to make them. I can show people how to do it but typing it out is a whole other story.



2 comments:

Jaime said...

katerina! i saw on grosgrain that you made our nursing cover! send us a picture so we can include it in our next prudent project round up and link to your site! i hope the instructions were clear!

Katerina said...

I am posting about it in a couple days. Along with much praise for your site.