Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's getting fishy

I have friend whose son is really into sharks. So I mentioned that I could try to sew one up for her. I thought about the style and made up my own pattern (I really have to stop doing that, it is a little time consuming). I had scrap fabric that I could use for the shark. I thought it would be easy to make. I was wrong. Thank God the dude took a long nap the day I sewed it up. It took me four hours to make. The tricky part was the mouth. I didn't think it all the way through. So I had to take apart what I had already sewn to do the mouth. That would have been fine had I had a seem ripper. I had to carefully do it with a pair of scissors.

Dear Santa, a seam ripper would be nice!

The finished project
I haven't heard how it was received. But my friend liked it. Hopefully her son will too.

2 comments:

J mom said...

So, can you sew Seth a stuffed front loader?

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

I heard about this and that he LOVES it! You need to start selling those. My little scuba diver/Sea Shepherd would LOVE it!