Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Book club via the Dude

The week after Thanksgiving the Dude and I went to return somethings at the library and pick up books we had on hold. We always stop at the quarter book corner to see what they had. Well I noticed that they had Christmas books. This is how the conversation went....

Mom- Lets pick out some Christmas books. We out four books and it will cost us a dollar
Dude- And get a book for mommy
Mom- Sure we can find a book for mommy

After we picked out two books the Dude hands me this.


Dude- (Nodding) Book for Mommy
Mom- Oh my well that is not really my kind of book. But thank you! (Place book back on shelf)
Dude- (Grabbing book back) No, mommy read book
Mom- (Holding book) Oh you want mom to read this. Ok.
Mom places book back on shelf when Dude is no longer looking. And helped pick out two more books.
Mom- Ok we got our four books.
Dude- (looking thru the book pile) Where book fr mommy? (Starts to scan the shelf, finds book and hands it back to mom)
Mom- Oh Honey I really don't want to read this.
Dude- (Starts a tantrum) NO MOMMY READ BOOK!!!!!
Mom- (Looking around making sure no one is looking) Ok mom will read this just for you.


Yes I read it and it wasn't that bad. Not as trashy as I the cover looks. But not something I would pick for myself.

No comments: