Sunday, September 14, 2008

Grape Juice

Today the Fam made grape juice. We were pretty lucky in inherit a mature grape vine when we bought our house. The previous owners were pretty negligent with most of the 'landscaping'. After a couple years of pruning and TLC we had a great grape harvest this year. So today we picked a bunch if bunches of grapes and made juice. I won't write out the directions for the juice but I will include a link. It seems like a lot of work but really it wasn't that bad.

Give it a try!

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000107making_grape_juice.php

The recipe does not include sugar. Our juice turned out a little tart. So I would say add sugar as needed.

2 comments:

CzaMama said...

Yum! What kind of grapes are they?I froze a bunch last harvest and took it out recently to drink. It also was unsweetened. I used the simple syrup I had in the fridge and that worked GREAT!

Katerina said...

They are concord.

Our naighbor has a vine that her mom bought over from Italy a LONG time ago. Her's are awesome. Her daughter is making us jam from it.