I once told my friend Katie that "just because you have kids doesn't mean your house has to be a mess". Yes I did say this before I had the Dude. But I still think this. My house isn't as clean as it once was or as organized but I am not hugely embarrassed by it. I do have days where I would rather nap or veg out than clean (I do have days where I don't clean at all). But I think if I keep up my daily and weekly list I can conquer the dog/cat hair, the Dudes mess and everything thing else that clutters up.
So here is my cleaning schedule.
Daily-
Vacuum, empty/load dishwasher, Make the bed, pick up disinfect kitchen counter tops. Twice or three times a week I mop the floors.
On different days I clean different rooms. My theory is if I concentrate on one room a day then I am not over loading myself with cleaning. Here is my room cleaning schedule. Did I mention I do not have a huge house so that also helps.
Monday-
Clean the bathroom and any major mess from the weekend.
Tuesday-
Clean the living room. This room can take awhile with all the toys that are in there. If we had friends over I like to spray toys with Clorox anywhere spray,
Wednesday-
Clean Kitchen and get the trash ready. Tip- clean your fridge the day you get the trash out, that way you don't have to smell rotting food for a week.
Thursday-
Plan next weeks menu and do yard work. Or if I slacked one day then play catch up.
Friday-
Clean bedrooms and do laundry.
Saturday and Sunday-
Stick to the daily list if time permits if nothing gets done don't sweat it. It just means you were busy having fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You crack me up!!! I love ya'!
Very cool. I love the title of the blog. So you got any thoughts on what to do with fresh figs. I bought a bunch and now I'm going wow...how to make fig niewtons?
So I just today put together a list of what days to tackle cleaning as I no longer have one day a week where I can handle it all. Great ideas and I think it might make me tweak mine!
Post a Comment