Thursday, February 18, 2010

Inspiration


What inspires you? How do you remember everything that inspires you? Thoughts like this sometimes wake me up at night.
An idea will pop into my head and if I don't get it out it may be gone for good. I have to admit at 3am many ideas pop into my head. For awhile I was horrible at writing ideas down. Until I was cleaning and found this empty journal (brown book on the top). I now keep it next to my bed at night along with a pencil to make quick notes. I also try to keep it in my bag when I am away from home. The book is not filled yet but it is well on it's way.
My other book I keep near is my 'inspiration book' (grey and purple book on the bottom). Last fall my mother gave me some empty scrapbooks. I don't scrapbook so I was not quite sure what to do with them. I almost gave them away. But then POP a 3am idea came. That morning while the Dude was playing I assembled a book and placed a picture on the cover of the place I consider heaven (agate beach on the north shore, MN). Inside I have written quotes that speak to me, pictures from my postcard collection and from magazines. I am glad that I did not give any of them away since I may fill all three of them.
So how do you keep all your thoughts and inspirations? I would love to hear it. Maybe your idea will inspire one of my 3am ideas.

2 comments:

Let's Talk About Our Day said...

For decorating ideas I have a small photo album that stick pictures from magazines inside.
Pictures of fun sinks I would like in the bathroom when we re-do it. Pictures of drapes I would like my Mom to make...

Katerina said...

I remember when we redid our kitchen. We had a folder full of paint chips and pictures of cabinets.