Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Heart Scarf

Right before Christmas my Mom came over with a couple bags of wool sweaters. She knew I would felt them down to craft with. In the bags were two red sweater and one cream sweater. I had an idea to make them into pillows. But then a different idea came to mind.

So I started cutting them up. I cut them into five inch hearts, about a dozen each. Then I hand stitched them together to form a scarf. I don't know how warm these will be. They are more of a novelty scarf then anything.

Of course I made them not knowing who to give them too. Then I had a friend post a pay it forward craft challenge on Facebook. Being one who doesn't like to pass anything crafty I signed on. I sent one of these to the friend that posted the challenge and the other to a friend who accepted my challenge. I hope they are well received.


*Sorry the pictures are so dark. I really need a better camera.

1 comment:

Let's Talk About Our Day said...

Thank you very much!! I love it. We are actually using it as a garland across the dining room. It's beautiful and was a great surprise!