Monday, October 18, 2010

Inspired part 2

On Sunday it was time to take down the Wishing Tree. I really was hoping to let it stay up for another week, but rain was on the way. This was one of the best projects I have done in a long time. I really enjoyed looking at the wishes and watching them blow in the wind. Reading wishes from children, teens and adults, all wishing for joy of one kind or another.

There wishes that made me wish along with them,

'My dog turn out OK'
There were wishes that I could relate to,
'To be able to find who I really am'
And wishes to survive,
'I wish to Survive' *
And there were wishes that you want to wish for also,
'I wish for a purple princess dress'
I hope this is carried on in other parts of the world. This made me realize that we all have dreams longing to come true. We just need to make them heard.



* I have no idea who wrote this one, but it stuck a cord with me. 'I wish to survive'. I am not sure what they are wanting to survive, but I could easily fill in the blank. As a mom there are time I wish just to survive the next five minutes. To survive until nap time. As a human I wish to survive life. To come out on top. This wish could easily be used for anything. We are all just looking to survive.

No comments: