On May 24th we welcomed our little girl to the world.
She weighted 7 pounds 11 ounces.
It all started the night of the 23rd. After 8pm I noticed that I was having regular 'minor' contractions every 15 minutes. Since I had been dealing with Braxton-Hicks most of the pregnancy I didn't take it too seriously. But I called Hubby to let him know. By the time he got home the contractions were 10 minutes apart but still 'minor'. I decided to go to bed, however as soon as I got comfortable the contractions got stronger. So I let Hubby know and we called my mom to let her know to come over and watch the Dude.
At 2am I was given the OK to head to the hospital. When we got there the contractions were stronger and closer together. Although the contractions were never 'regular' they were getting stronger. I really wanted to have a natural birth but I am a wuss when the pain hit me. So at 11am I got a epidural. The Epidural was great but it slowed everything down. I mean to a halt. So I was given Pitocin to help speed things back up. And it did at 1pm I was fully dilated and ready to push.
Since I had a C-section with the Dude I never got to experience the pushing part of labor. It felt like it was quicker, but it took 45 minutes. Then when she came out I felt a huge amount emotions come over me. I could not stop crying.
We couldn't be happier.




3 comments:
i am so glad that you got the delivery you wanted this time around. it is a blessing you are all home safe and doing well. we hope to see you soon!
What a great story!
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the world baby girl!
Post a Comment